Report Illegal Dumping
> Report Illegal Dumping
Abandoned piles of household garbage, bags of yard waste, discarded appliances, old barrels, used tires and demolition debris can threaten human health and the environment. Open dump sites can be found throughout the reservation. These are illegal disposal sites!
If allowed to remain, they grow larger and attract more dumping by others.
Illegal dumps can pose the following health, safety and environmental threats:
To Report Illegal Dumping, contact the Environmental Protection Program at: (605) 384-5003
- Contamination of streams, rivers and lakes
- Contamination of soil and groundwater
- Disease carried by mosquitoes, flies and rodent
- Damage to plant and wildlife habitats
- Fire and explosion
- Decrease in the quality of life to nearby communities and residents